30/10 100 Word Challenge

Prompt: flame, swimming, celebrated, white, tomorrow

I lit my candle on that night.
A lonely flame, swimming in the haze, radiating warmth.
An outcast, apart from a sea of light. I sit alone, away from the mass of people swathed in a colourful array.
White.
Enveloping me, folds and creases holding me tight.
Dirty.
Purity stained with the grime of the streets, a rat, I sit hunched on the steps, arms wrapped around my bloodied knees.
Floating, bobbing in the waves, an offering set out to the world beyond, a beacon in the dark. Tomorrow, this light will be celebrated.
And I will light my candle.

Comments

  1. Hi Amisha,
    I love your writing it's so captivating.
    Fahizah S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amisha,

    This is a moving piece of poetry. You've taken the five words from the prompt and crafted them into something special.

    Tracey A.
    San José, California, US

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, you have some real talent. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the comment written by Molly. I love reading your writing - in any style - Amisha.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

13/11 100 Word Challenge

27/11 100 Word Challenge