David Hill

This afternoon, we had David Hill come and talk to us about his career.
David Hill is an accomplished New Zealand author who has published many successful books in his time as a writer. He has been an author now for about 30 years, publishing books such as; See Ya Simon, Enemy Camp, Sinking, My Brother's War and First to the Top.
Today, David talked to us about his career as an author, his backstory, his books and what they mean to him.
I particularly enjoyed when he read us a short story he wrote about Valentine's day. It was hilarious! Afterwards, we asked him some questions. He explained how most of his books are based on things himself or others have experienced. For example; See Ya Simon is based on a time when his daughter's best friend died at a young age, in high school. I really enjoyed reading this book, as it is really heartfelt and emotional. Another example is; My Brother's War, which is based on his great uncle Fred - and his time in the war.
At the end, I thanked him, and gave him a small token of our appreciation.
I really enjoyed David Hill coming to talk to us today, and sharing his experience with us.
I hope that Southwell has more authors like him to come and visit in the future.

Image result for david hill author

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

13/11 100 Word Challenge

30/10 100 Word Challenge